Did you know that with AirDrop you can transfer images, videos and other files from Mac to iPhone and iPad? Technology
In this guide, we will tell you how to turn on AirDrop on any Mac (MacBook, iMac, Mac mini, Mac Pro) and transfer files to your iPhone or iPad.
Requirements for use Airdrop between device iOS and Mac the following: both devices should be close to each otherfriend and support AirDrop, and for the best result, you should upgrade to the latest software versions. Devices must have Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled.
How to share files by Airdrop with Mac and iOS device
The process consists of two steps. First you need to prepare AirDrop on a device that will receive files, i.e. iPhone or iPad. Then, on the Mac, you will need to select the files you want to transfer and access AirDrop.
Part 1: How to enable Airdrop on iphone or iPad
- Open the control point and click on the AirDrop icon.
How to enable AirDrop on iOS 11
- Turn on Contact Only or Everyone.
- The AirDrop icon will turn blue. This means that the feature is enabled.
Part 2: How to send files with Mac on iphone or iPad
- Open the Mac OS menu and select “AirDrop”. A device appears in the list, ready to receive files.
- Move the files you want to transfer through AirDrop to a new window.
- Drag and drop files into the AirDrop window onto the device to which you want to transfer.
Part 3: How to open received files on iOS
Two options will be available below:
- If you transferred an image, video or movie, they will appear in the Photos application.
- If you transferred another type of file (PDF, textdocument, archive, etc.), a window will pop up on the device with the choice of application in which you want to open the resulting file. You can also select the option "Save to iCloud."
It's all. Turning on AirDrop on a Mac and using it is very easy and convenient; this is one of the easiest ways to transfer files between devices.
When done, be sure to turn off AirDrop, otherwise the technology will consume extra energy.
It’s recommended to open access only to contacts,since it’s safer, but open access for all will be more convenient and easier. However, keep in mind that anyone can transfer files to you if you do not disable the function.
If you have any problems, update the devices to the latest software versions, turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on them and place the devices next to each other.