In the WhatsApp messenger there is the possibility of group audio and video calls: the function appeared back in 2018, but it’s special
WhatsApp Group Call on iPhone
- Go to WhatsApp: by default you get to the Chats section.
- At the bottom of the window, select the section Calls
- In the upper right corner, click on the phone icon, then New group call.
- In the contact list on the right, check the boxes for the users you need. The maximum number is 3.
- At the top, the users you want to call are displayed, on the right, call icons: audio or video. Click on the type of call you want to start a conversation.
If you are in chats on WhatsApp and want to call the participants of the chat you need, you can do this without leaving it:
- Go to the desired chat and in the upper right corner click on the phone icon.
- In the list of chat participants that appear, check the boxes for the users you need (maximum three)
- On the right, click either the video or audio call icon.
If the chat consists of members who are not added to your contact list, these users will not be available for calling.
The main disadvantage of WhatsApp group calls issmall number of participants: only three users can call. For example, in the FaceTime and Skype iOS messenger, you can create a video call with a significantly larger number of users: up to 32 and 50 people. But, compared to the same FaceTime, which is only available on iOS devices, WhatsApp is available on any smartphone, regardless of platform. In addition, the WhatsApp interface is simple and familiar to many Russians: it is the most popular messenger in Russia. For a video call, a relative or friend who uses WhatsApp will not need to install the application and understand the controls.
WhatsApp Group Video Call Featurefocused on communication for personal purposes. For corporate video calls, online seminars and meetings, use corporate messengers, such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams or Skype.
Skype or Zoom: Which program to choose for communication?