iPhone and iPad are capable of shooting incredibly high quality 4K, 1080p and 720p videos, and while they look amazing,
We’ll show you how to compress video on iPhone and iPad,to reduce file size or resolution. This feature is not built on iOS, so we need a free application that does a good job.
The application takes the finished video file and compresseshis. If you want to initially record video with a lower resolution, you can change it in the settings. We will use the Video Compressor application.
Article updated May 11, 2020
How to compress video on iphone and iPad via Compressor applications
- Download Video Compressor-Compressor in the App Store, it is free and works on iPhone and iPad.
- Launch the app.
- Select the video you want to compress.
- On the preview screen, click “Import ->” to open the video.
- Use the slider at the bottom of the screen to customizefile size, thereby you adjust the bitrate, video resolution, etc. The left you move the slider, the smaller the file will be. You can also choose a ready-made video compression setting (HD, FullHD and below)
- When you are satisfied with the selected size, click “Compress ->” at the bottom of the screen.
- The video compressor will begin to compress the file. This may take some time depending on the initial size of the video file.
- The compressed video will be saved in the Photos application.
Video Compressor is a very effective application,and you can easily compress very high resolution video. Of course, the video quality is lost, but you can control this by adjusting the slider as you like. Below in the screenshot you can see the effect of video compression using this application.
The ability to compress video should be added directly to the iOS system so that users do not have to install third-party applications. Perhaps this will happen soon.
If you use iCloud, you can share the video using mail. And if you are close to the person to whom you want to forward the video, you can use AirDrop.
It is worth saying that if you want to copy large videos from an iPad or iPhone to a computer, it is best to use a USB cable. This is the fastest way.
It is also possible to compress files (including video) in ZIP through the standard Files application.