Samsung and Sony cameras are installed in 75% of all new smartphones

Research firm Strategy Analytics analyzes the global smartphone image sensor market

in the first half of 2020. As it turned out, Samsung and Sony cameras are installed in 75% of all devices.

In monetary terms, the market grew by 15%compared to the same period last year. Sony became the leader with 44% of shipments. It is followed by Samsung with a 32 percent share. That is, the total is 76%. OmniVision was also in the top three with a 9 percent share.

It is reported that the growth of the market was provided by sensorsimages with a resolution of 2 megapixels and 8 megapixels, which are often included in multi-camera systems. And in the period under review, there was an increased demand for such smartphones.