A few days ago at the WWDC 2020 online conference, Apple introduced iOS 14. The new operating system received
For those who are too lazy to read, watch our video with an overview of the new iOS 14 features:
- Which devices support iOS 14
- How to download and install iOS 14 beta 1 without a developer account and computer [PROFILE]
- Download IPSW files for iOS and iPad 14 beta 1 + profiles for iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, macOS, watchOS
- All new iOS 14 chips
- 1. Application Library (App Library)
- 2. Hidden pages of the main screen
- 3. Widgets on the home screen
- 4. Smart Stacks
- 5. Compact call notification
- 6. Picture-in-Picture Mode
- 7. Ability to change the standard browser and email client
- 8. Compact call Siri
- 9. App Clips
- 10. New wallpapers
- 11. QuickTake on iPhone XS / XS Max and XR
- 12. iMessage Update
- 13. New Memoji and the possibilities of their customization
- 14. Travel Guides on Apple Maps
- 16. Built-in translation application
- 17. Sending voice messages using Siri
- 18. Cycling routes in Apple Maps
- 19. Driving directions for electric cars in Apple Maps
- 20. Automatically Switch AirPods Between Devices
- 21. Surround Sound in AirPods Pro
- 22. Support CarKey
- 23. Privacy and Translator in Safari
- 24. Search emoji
- 25. Confidentiality when sending photos
- 26. Local network privacy
- 27. Updated notes interface
- 28. New filtering options in the “Photos” application
- 29. Setting the exposure in the Camera application
- 30. Redesign of Apple Music
- 31. Headphone volume control
- 32.Connecting multiple AirPods to Apple TV
- 33. Double or triple tap on the rear housing
- 34. Alarm sound recognition function
- 35. Changing the video format in the Camera application
- 36. AirPods Charge Reminder
- 37. Activate Siri during music
- 38. New interface for changing devices during a call
- 39. The microphone access icon in the control room
- 40. Button interface for deleting all notifications
- 41. Application download location
- 42. Mirroring a selfie
- 43. Volume up button for burst shooting
- 44. Adjusting the transparency of the screenshot
- 45. Updated interface in the “Files” application
- 46. Sleep mode
- 47. New contact interface
- 48. Filters in iMessage
- 49. The new command interface in the Gallery
- 50. New application removal options
- 51. The new interface for adding time and date
- 52. New notification about connecting a Bluetooth device
- 53. The context menu of the back button
All new iOS 14 chips
1. Application Library (App Library)
All applications are now categorically groupedto the directory on the last page of the home screen. At the top of the application library is the search bar for the desired application, and the applications themselves are sorted alphabetically in a list.
Also at the top of the directory are two foldersapplications: on the left - sentences (based on the most used programs), on the right - recently added. The remaining offers are sorted into categories; in each group, frequently used ones are located on top.
IOS Application Library 14
2. Hidden pages of the main screen
The application library is on the latesthome screen page. All other pages with unused applications can be hidden, leaving one page with important programs and a library for quick access.
3. Widgets on the home screen
Widgets have finally appeared on the home screen,In addition, with an updated design. Widgets have become of different sizes, the size has received functionality: the user will be able to change the size of the widget himself, depending on how much information he wants to see on this interface element.
4. Smart Stacks
A cool feature of updated widgets issmart piles. This is a slider in which added widgets can be scrolled manually or they can be moved automatically to show the most relevant information throughout the day. For example, in the morning the slider will show news, in the evening - a widget with your activity during the day.
5. Compact call notification
Apple has finally rethought the incoming call interface. The notification no longer occupies the entire screen: now this is a small banner at the top. You can reject a call by swiping up or by clicking the cross.
57. Swipe an incoming call to hide it
As I mentioned, in iOS 14 addedSupport for the new caller interface as banner notification. You can hold it, and the OS will place it in the upper left corner. Although this gesture does not reject the call. To do this, you will need to click on the "Finish" button in the banner notification.
6. Picture-in-Picture Mode
Picture-in-Picture mode in iOS 14 will allowWatch video on any iPhone screen, on top of running applications (like on an iPad). The video window can be placed on any part of the screen and stretched to the desired size.
Video can also be hidden from the main screen, and sound will continue to play in the background.
7. Ability to change the standard browser and email client
In iOS 14, the company listened to users and finally allowed to change the default browser and email client to third-party ones.
8. Compact call Siri
Prior to iOS 14, Siri's interface, like an incoming call,occupied the whole screen. In the updated firmware version, the assistant’s call will become less noticeable: the Siri icon will be at the bottom of the display. Siri text responses will also be at the bottom of the screen, responses to weather type requests will be displayed by widgets at the top of the screen.
9. App Clips
One of the significant updates to iOS 14 was the functionApp Clips - it allows you to use applications without downloading. Lightweight versions of applications can be launched on iOS 14 compatible devices using QR codes, NFC tags on the street, in Safari, messages and maps.
An icon for reading NFC tags has already appeared in the control center in iOS 14 - most likely, it is for future AppClips mini-applications.
10. New wallpapers
IOS 14 introduced three sets of static wallpapers for light and dark themes.
Download standard wallpapers from iOS 14
11. QuickTake on iPhone XS / XS Max and XR
First introduced in the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro, withWith iOS 14, QuickTake will be available on iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR. With it, you can record video during a photo without switching modes.
12. iMessage Update
Group chats in iMessage can now be assigned a photo. You can use Memoji or Emoji as your group avatar.
Important correspondence can be fixed at the top of the list of dialogs.
In group chats, you can now reply to a specific message and mention a specific user in the chat.
When the option “Notify me” is turned on in the message settings, the user will receive notifications if someone mentions him in a group chat.
13. New Memoji and the possibilities of their customization
In iOS 14, Apple added even more options for customizing Memoji: age, new hairstyles, attributes of a profession and a hobby, medical masks. There are absolutely new stickers.
14. Travel Guides on Apple Maps
Guides and recommendations have appeared in Apple Maps withinteresting places. Guides can be downloaded for offline use. The collections are created in collaboration with major brands, but are not yet relevant for our country.
In iOS 14, privacy practices will be added to the description of apps in the App Store. Users will be able to see what specific data the application uses.
16. Built-in translation application
New Translate app supports 11languages, including Russian. It works even when there is no internet connection. In addition, the translator recognizes voice dialing and automatically translates phrases into your native language.
17. Sending voice messages using Siri
On iOS 14, Siri can send voice messages to iMessage.
18. Cycling routes in Apple Maps
In the "Maps" application in iOS 14, you can buildoptimal cycling routes with large signs. The application will show in which sections of the built route there are lifts and stairs. So far, the function will work only for a few cities in the USA and China.
19. Driving directions for electric cars in Apple Maps
Another innovation for maps in iOS 14 isroutes for electric vehicles. On the built-in route, the application will show the stations for recharging the car and pre-arrange the route taking into account the station compatible with your electric car. So far, support will be only on BMW and Ford models. The function is also not relevant for Russia.
20. Automatically Switch AirPods Between Devices
An update to AirPods was the automatic switching of headphones between connected devices. When changing the device, the headphones themselves will switch to the desired one. The function works on all AirPods models.
21. Surround Sound in AirPods Pro
The new firmware version AirPods Pro got surround sound. Special sensors track the movement of the user's head and create surround sound - the effect should be like in a movie theater.
Something similar can already be felt in
22. Support CarKey
With the new CarKey feature, usersWill be able to open, close and start the car using the iPhone or Apple Watch. Also, the electronic key to the car can be shared with other users by e-mail or in iMessage. The first CarKey-enabled car will be the BMW i5 in 2021. To use CarKey, you need an iPhone 11 and newer.
What is CarKey and how it will work - all that is known now
23. Privacy and Translator in Safari
Safari in iOS 14 received a significant update inprivacy issues. Now the browser blocks trackers that collect user data. The report with sites on which trackers were blocked can be viewed in Safari in the Traking report section.
Safari also has a built-in translator for quick browsing in the desired language.
iCloud Keychain in iOS 14 warns of a possible data leak on the Internet and asks to change the password if the site is unsafe
24. Search emoji
A keyboard search for emoji has appeared in the keyboard in iOS 14.
25. Confidentiality when sending photos
When sending photos, the application will offer you to send photos that you already sent earlier in this application (without access to the library), or select an image from the library.
26. Local network privacy
In iOS 14, applications began to request permission to search and connect to devices on the local network.
27. Updated notes interface
In the Notes application, the interface has slightly changed: indents have appeared on both sides, the background has become uniform. Search has become faster and smarter.
28. New filtering options in the “Photos” application
In the Photos application, new filter and sorting options are available for easy navigation and organizing photos.
29. Setting the exposure in the Camera application
In the “Camera” application, exposure settings appeared during photo and video shooting.
30. Redesign of Apple Music
Apple Music has a new “Listen Now” tab. The Shuffle and Play buttons have become larger and are under the cover of an album or song.
31. Headphone volume control
With iOS 14, the iPhone learned to analyze the sound in the headphones and lower the volume if it exceeds a predetermined level. Analytics is available in the Health app.
You can enable volume control in the settings: Settings> Sounds, tactile signals> Mute loud sounds> Activate the toggle switch to Mute loud sounds.
32.Connecting multiple AirPods to Apple TV
You can now connect two pairs of AirPods to your Apple TV to watch videos together.
33. Double or triple tap on the rear housing
In iOS 14, you can tap twice or thrice onbehind the back of the iPhone to perform certain actions. Which ones can be set in the settings (for example, calling the application switcher, notification center, Siri; screenshot and much more).
You can activate and configure the function along the path: Settings> Accessibility> Touch at the back.
34. Alarm sound recognition function
Apple added automatic in iOS 14sound recognition. Now the system analyzes all the sounds and determines which of them signal the danger. If the system recognizes any of the signals, the user is notified. In total, the iPhone will be able to recognize 14 alarms.
IOS 14 has notifications about fire alarms, door bells and other alarms
35. Changing the video format in the Camera application
Now the resolution and video format can be directly in the Camera application (personally, to be honest, this chip does not work yet).
36. AirPods Charge Reminder
IOS 14 introduced notifications reminding you to charge your AirPods.
37. Activate Siri during music
You can now call Siri even while playing music.
38. New interface for changing devices during a call
iOS 14 updated interface for changing devices during calls.
39. The microphone access icon in the control room
The control center on devices with iOS 14 now shows which application has recently used a microphone. A microphone icon with the name of the application is available at the top of the control point.
40. Button interface for deleting all notifications
In the notification center, with a long press on the cross icon, the system now offers to clear all notifications with a separate large button.
41. Application download location
In iOS 14, you can choose where new applications will be added: to the home screen or to the application library.
42. Mirroring a selfie
In iOS 14, you can take mirrored selfies. You can enable the function in the settings: Settings> Camera> Front camera is mirrored.
43. Volume up button for burst shooting
Now the volume up button canuse to create a photo in burst mode. Turn this option on in the camera settings and click the volume up button in the camera app to use burst mode.
44. Adjusting the transparency of the screenshot
The transparency of the screenshot can now be adjusted in the screenshot editor. Click on the + icon, select "Opacity" and use the slider to adjust.
45. Updated interface in the “Files” application
A small change also affected the interface of the “Files” application. For example, when you click on three points, the pop-up menu now opens at the top, not the bottom.
46. Sleep mode
In iOS 14, Apple redesigned sleep mode and sufferedit from the Clock app to Health. Now you can set the schedule and duration of sleep, and sounds that are pleasant for waking up appeared in the alarm settings.
Also now available is the creation of quick commands that help you tune in to sleep.
You can enable and disable sleep mode in the control center.
47. New contact interface
In contacts, the interface for the icons of communication methods with added contacts has changed.
48. Filters in iMessage
Messages in iMessage are now automatically sorted by type of senders, stocks, spam.
49. The new command interface in the Gallery
In iOS 14, Apple slightly updated the ready-made interfaceSiri shortcuts in the Gallery menu now show thumbnails and additional information. I like the way Apple plays in different colors to differentiate shortcuts.
50. New application removal options
When you try to uninstall an application, the system will prompt you to add the program to the application library. Thus, you can remove the application from the main screen, but not from the device.
51. The new interface for adding time and date
For example, when creating an alarm, you can now enter the time manually (before, the choice of time and date was in the form of a drum that had to be twisted).
52. New notification about connecting a Bluetooth device
IOS 14 has a compact notification at the topscreen about connecting a Bluetooth device with the name of the connected device. You no longer need to return to the control center to understand which device is connected.
53. The context menu of the back button
The "Back" button has a context menu. A long press on the button pops up a menu with navigation options. For example, if you are somewhere deep in the settings, while holding “Back”, the system will offer to return to a specific section in the settings or to the home page.