The United States continues to help Ukraine fight against Russian invaders, announcing a new package of military
What is known
The new military power package is designed for $2,200,000,000. Part of the weapons will be transferred from US stocks, and some will be ordered from manufacturers.
Armament from US stocks for $425,000,000:
- Additional ammunition for HIMARS;
- additional artillery shells of 120 mm caliber;
- 190 heavy machine guns with thermal sights and ammunition;
- 181 MRAP vehicles;
- 250 Javelins;
- 2000 anti-tank missiles;
- Claymore anti-personnel mines;
- explosive ammunition;
- cold weather gear, helmets and other field equipment.
Armament under the USAI (Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative) program for $1,750,000,000:
- 2 air defense HAWK;
- anti-aircraft guns and ammunition;
- equipment for the integration of Western air defense systems, launchers, missiles and radars with Ukrainian air defense;
- equipment to support Ukraine's existing air defense capabilities;
- air defense generators;
- anti-UAV equipment;
- 4 air surveillance radars;
- 20 counter-mortar radars;
- Spare parts for counter-battery radars;
- UAV Puma;
- guided missiles (GLSDB)
- secure communication equipment;
- medical equipment;
- training, maintenance.
‼️ Pentagon Spox Pat Ryder:Precision-guided rockets in the package for #Ukraine are GLSDB bombs. This will give them a longer-range capability that will enable Ukrainians to conduct operations to defend their country and take back their sovereign territory.
— Ostap Yarysh (@OstapYarysh) February 3, 2023