After more than ten years of working with its own launcher, World of Tanks has entered the Steam market, but they will be happy about it
What is known
The version on Steam is exactly the same as on the launcherWoT, but if you've played before, you won't be able to transfer your account and progress - you'll have to start from scratch. Although the developers have warned that this will be the case, it seems that many players hoped until recently for a different outcome. There are now over 1000 reviews on Steam and all are "mostly negative". Users are very dissatisfied with the fact that they cannot link their old accounts and change their nickname - they offer a random name, but there is no way to change it.
But for beginners (and beginners here will now beall) the developers have prepared an event that gives players on Steam 4 times more experience for their first victory on each tank. Wargaming has also added challenges that will allow players to earn rewards.
For players who want to know more:
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 for PlayStation 5 will not be (only important for PS owners)
- Naughty Dog reveals plot outline for The Last of Us 3
- Ray tracing and improved graphics: Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition for PC Coming Soon
- The Witcher in AR: CD Projekt Red opens early access to The Witcher: Monster Slayer on Android
- 600 units of military equipment and 11 nations: World of Tanks is out on Steam