Sony today introduced another new product in the form of Sony Xperia 5. By the way, as you already noticed, the manufacturer
Sony Xperia 5
With the launch of the Sony Xperia 5, the company is obviouslytried to revive its popular line of compact flagship phones of yesteryear. Of course, the 6.1-inch novelty can hardly be called a compact model, but thanks to the elongated aspect ratio, the smartphone really fits in the palm of your hand.
- Case Size - 158 x 68 x 8.2 mm
- Available colors: black, gray, blue, red
- Weight - 164 grams
- 6.1 inch OLED display, 1080 x 2520 resolution, 449 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protective glass
- Protection against water IP 65/68
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, Adreno 640 graphics
- The main camera is triple: 12 megapixels (F1 aperture.6; 26 mm; sensor size 1 / 2.6 ″; pixel size 1.4 μm; OIS) + 12 megapixels (telephoto, OIS, 2x optical zoom; aperture F2.4; 52 mm; sensor size 1 / 3.4 ″; pixel size 1 μm) + 12 megapixels (ultra-wide-angle, aperture F2.4; 16 mm; sensor size 1 / 3.4 ″; pixel size 1 μm)
- Front camera 8 MP, OIS, EIS, HDR
- RAM capacity - 6 GB
- 128 GB storage, expandable with micro SDXC up to 512 GB
- There is no 3.5 mm jack; headphones are connected via USB Type-C
- Dolby Atmos, aptX-HD
- OS - Android (9.0 Pie)
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- 3140 mAh battery
The new Sony Xperia 5 has a non-standard in itsthe size of the screen is 21: 9 CinemaWide, like the Xperia 1, which means that it is a rather tall and narrow phone considering the diagonal of the screen. With all this, it is quite easy to use it even with one hand, which is already a rarity at the present time.
Despite the high water resistance rating of IP68, Sony still managed to equip the Xperia 5 with Dolby Atmos stereo speakers for a true cinematic experience on a large 21: 9 display.
Now let's move on to the specifications that makeThe Xperia 5 is a true flagship phone, even if you take into account the 1080p screen resolution. Sony did not use the Quad HD or 4K display on the new product, as the latest Xperias phones suffered greatly, or rather, the battery.
Xperia 5 features the latest high-performanceSnapdragon 855 processor combined with 6 GB of RAM, as well as 128 GB of internal memory and a slot for memory cards. The battery capacity of 3140 mAh should be enough for one day of the phone, given the screen resolution FHD +, so there is nothing to complain about.
Sony also has a pleasant surprise for us.in the form of full support for the DualShock 4 gamepad, exclusive to Xperia 1 and 5. Although you can connect to the PlayStation 4 controller via Bluetooth on any modern Android. Sony's new flagship Xperia can use DualShock 4 controllers out of the box.
The phone has a triple camera, as inXperia 1, only in the upper left corner instead of the middle position. Three options are available: super wide angle, normal, and telephoto lens for various shots. Sony boasts its new BIONZ X algorithm, which allows the Eye Xperia 1 Eye to focus ultra-precisely, ultra-fast and even maintain the specified focus when shooting at 10 frames per second.
All three sensors have a resolution of 12 megapixels, the mainThe camera has large 1.4 micron pixels and a wide aperture of the F1.6 lens. All this allows you to take good pictures in low light conditions. Users can also have fun with the new Cinema Pro feature.
The Sony Xperia 5 will be released in October, and in some markets it will come with Sony WF1000-XM3 wireless headphones.