As promised, Valve announced a new game in the Half-Life universe, but this time the main character will not be Gordon
What is known
Judging by the short trailer, players are waiting for a shooter withelements of the chorus, moreover, in virtual reality. The protagonist of Half-Life: Alyx will be the girl Alix, who, together with her father Eli Vance, founded resistance in City 17. Together they look for the vulnerabilities of the enemy and help those who dare to challenge the Alliance.
In his adventures, Alix will shoot fire with guards, hack alien computers and even face headcrabs.
“You are the only chance of mankind for salvation. The Alliance’s control of the planet after the Black Mesa incident only intensified: the remaining population was driven into the cities by the invaders. Among the inhabitants there were also the best earthly scientists - you and your father, Dr. Eli Vance, ”the description says.
According to Valve, players will be created from scratch.VR game with adapted controls. Moreover, not only Valve Index is supported, but also HTC Vive, Oculus Rift and Windows Mixed Reality. At the same time, Valve headsets will receive Half-Life: Alyx for free, and on top users will receive additional content.
Players who have purchased Valve Index before the end of 2019 or plan to buy a headset will get access to special bonuses:
- Explore the game world of Half-Life: Alyx in the home world of SteamVR
- Alternate coloring for weapons to diversify Alix's arsenal in the game
- Special thematic content from Half-Life: Alyx for CS: GO
Half-Life: Alyx will be released in March 2020, but Steam has already opened the game page where you can pre-order.
Minimum system requirements for the game:
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Core i5-7500 or Ryzen 5 1600
- RAM: 12 GB
- Video Card: GTX 1060 or RX 580 6GB
- Square Enix Announces Final Fantasy PlayStation 5 Game Development
- Source: Amazon will release rival Google Stadia and Microsoft xCloud
- Steam launches sale to launch Remote Play Together - local co-op is now online