The updated Android 10 platform is already out! And I must say that the developers have done a great job on
Android 10 what's new
Software has become even simpler, smarter and more useful in practice.
This year, Android 10 was given specialattention to the following options: built-in navigation gestures, global dark mode, adaptive notification management, as well as increased security and privacy.
We decided to identify several important things in the new system that may be of interest to you.
- The smart answer now offers action. Therefore, when someone sends you a message with a YouTube address or video, you can open and move on Google Maps or open a video on YouTube - copying and pasting are not required. And Smart Reply now works with all your favorite messaging apps.
- Dark theme. You can enable Dark Theme for the entire phone or for specific applications, such as photos and calendar. This will not only lighten the load on your eyes, but also on the battery of your phone too.
- Updated gesture system for navigation will helpuse the large screen from edge to edge to the maximum. With simple movements, you can go back, open the home screen and move smoothly between tasks. After switching, you do not want to return to the visible buttons.
- One-touch Live Caption button automaticallyvideos, podcasts, and audio messages will be signed in any application - even in what you recorded yourself. Live Caption will be available this fall, starting with Pixel.
- You can share location dataonly with applications while you use them. You will also receive reminders that an application that you are not actively using is gaining access to your location, so you can decide whether to continue sharing.
- In the new "Privacy" section in the "Settings" section, you will find important controls, such as "Activity on the Internet and applications" and "Advertising settings", in one place.
- Important updates to the Google Play systemSecurity and privacy fixes can now be sent to your phone from Google Play, just like your apps. Thus, you will receive these fixes as soon as they become available, without waiting for a full OS update.
- You have more control over where and when.notifications will alert you. Mark notifications as “Silent” and they will not make noise or appear on your lock screen, so you will only receive notifications when you want.
- Now Family Link is part of everydevices running Android 9 or 10, right in the settings of Digital Wellbeing. Parents can use these tools to set basic rules, such as daily screen time limits, device sleep times, time limits for specific applications, and more. They can also view the applications that children install on their devices, as well as their use.
- The user can now select applications that distract him, such as e-mail or news, and disable them.
Android 10 allows you to use differentkeyboards for personal and work profiles, application timers for certain websites so that you can balance your time on the Internet, new gender-sensitive emojis and there is support for direct audio streaming to hearing aids.
What devices will get Android 10?
Android 10 will get Pixel phones first. These include Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL. Although older Pixel devices are outside the range of updates, Google still included them in the release of Android 10. According to Google, some Android devices will receive an Android 10 update in the near future (Essential, OnePlus, Samsung, Xiaomi, OPPO, etc.). Only then gradually everyone else - it already depends on the manufacturer. As usual with OTA updates, it may take several weeks to receive them on the device.