Activision released last year's financial statements bragging about the success of its projects
How much have earned
- In 2020, the company has collected 397 million active users.
- Revenue was $ 8.09 billion (+ 25%).
- At the same time, net income was $ 2.20 billion (+ 46%).
- Most of all, Activision brought digital sales - $ 6.66 billion.
- DLC and microtransaction revenue across all platforms - $ 4.85 billion
Call of duty
This year, Activision is particularly pleased with the Call brandof Duty. Call of Duty: Warzone has reached 85 million downloads, and Call of Duty in-game spend has grown by 50%. In addition, sales of games in the series have grown by 40%.
As for Blizzard ...
... then the company's games have collected 29 million activeusers per month. World of Warcraft continues to grow, with 40% revenue growth and a sixth consecutive quarter of active player growth. Shadowlands has become the most successful WoW expansion in a decade.
Overwatch 2 and Diablo IV are still inplans, moreover, in the long term. Games will not be released in 2021, but gamers will delight (but not for sure) the new Call of Duty. In addition, Activision plans to press on the mobile market and use the Call of Duty model on other franchises. There are already several free mobile Warcraft projects in development.
Sources: IGN, VentureBeat
For players who want to know more:
- Feel the Difference: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Graphics Compared to the Original Trilogy
- Electronic Arts made $ 3 billion from Star Wars and has no plans to stop
- Total War Warhammer 3 announced: players will be sent to the Realm of Chaos to battle the gods in 2021
The best accessories for gamers at a bargain price
- 10 best selling gaming mice with Aliexpress
- 7 best mechanical keyboards on AliExpress
- 10 Cool AliExpress Microphones for Stream
- 10 controllers for smartphones and tablets that improve the chances of survival in PUBG and its analogues
- 10 best selling TWS headphones with Aliexpress for up to $ 25