We guessed, but did not expect that everything will happen so quickly. Apple has announced the release of two
New iPad Air and iPad mini released
The two main innovations in the tablet lineup areThe new iPad Air and the latest version of iPad mini. Immediately, we note that the new “Air” borrowed several top features from the iPad Pro, including a similar 10.5-inch screen with True Tone technology, a thin and light design, and superior performance thanks to the latest Apple A12 chip. But all this is now much more affordable - $ 500. And by the way, there is no USB-C port on these two new iPads.
Thus, the line of tablets from Apple today is as follows:
- iPad (2018): price from $ 330
- New iPad Mini (2019): price from $ 400
- New iPad Air (2019): price from 500 dollars
- iPad Pro (2018) 11 inches: price from 800 dollars
- iPad Pro (2018) 12.9 inches: price from 1000 dollars
Notice another curious fact: neither of these two new iPads has a Face ID, a secure identification system that Apple uses on its latest iPhone and iPad Pro. Instead, the new iPad uses the Touch ID fingerprint recognition feature already familiar to us.
Both new tablets also have Apple support.Pencil, but there is one catch: they are only compatible with the first generation Pencil, so the coolest new stylus functions (magnetic attachment to the tablet, wireless charging and pressing the stylus to activate special features) are not available. At first glance, the solution is rather strange on the part of Apple, but we assume that this is another way to highlight the more expensive Pro models. The new iPad Air also supports Smart Keyboard for faster typing, and the mini model does not support the Apple keyboard.
The new iPad Air, as already mentioned above, has a more reasonable price than the Pro version. Below are listed its main features:
- Apple A12 Bionic Chip with Neural Engine
- 10.5 inch Retina LCD with True Tone
- Support for Apple Pencil (1st generation) and Smart Keyboard
- 1 kg weight, thin, body thickness 6.1 mm
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Available colors - space gray, silver and gold
IPad Air (2019) vs. iPad Pro vs. iPad Comparison
Of course, a variety of iPad models in the lineupcreates some confusion. Therefore, we immediately want to clarify the whole situation and make out how this new iPad Air differs from iPad Pro. And at the same time, and note the differences between the new model and a cheap iPad for $ 330?
In short, compared to the iPad Pro with the new iPad Air (2019), the first one has the following advantages:
- ProMotion (update rate 120 Hz)
- Quad speakers
- Face ID
- Air has an A12 chip, and Pro has a more powerful A12X
If you compare it with an affordable iPad worth $ 330, the new iPad Air (2019) has the following advantages:
- Big screen with true tone, smaller frames, lighter and thinner design
- More powerful A12 chip versus A10 chip on iPad for $ 330
- Compatible with Smart Keyboard (iPad for $ 330 not)
There are other minor differences about whichalso need to know. The new iPad Air has a less capable camera, 8 MP f / 2.4 compared to a 12 MP f / 1.8 camera on the iPad Pro. It can also record only 1080p Full HD video, while the iPad Pro can shoot 4K video, and you also miss the Quad LED flash, which is on Pro models.
The front camera of the novelty does not have supportportrait mode for selfies and Animoji. But in terms of battery life there will be no significant changes, and Apple says that the new iPad Air will work up to 10 hours of time, like any iPad.
Price and sales start
The new iPad Air is available in two storage options.- 64 GB and 256 GB. There is no possibility to expand the memory. You should also remember that iPad Air (2019) is a dual SIM device that has both a slot for a nano SIM card and eSIM support, as well as Apple’s latest iPhones.
Price of the new iPad Air 2019
- 64 GB of Wi-Fi - 42 990 rubles
- 256 GB of Wi-Fi - 55,490 rubles
- 64 GB Wi-Fi + Cellular - 53,990 rubles
- 256 GB Wi-Fi + Cellular - 66,490 rubles
Price of the new iPad Mini 2019
- 64 GB of Wi-Fi - 32,990 rubles
- 256 GB of Wi-Fi - 45,490 rubles
- 64 GB Wi-Fi + Cellular - 43 990 rubles
- 256 GB Wi-Fi + Cellular - 56,490 rubles
In the countries of the first wave of sales have already begun. In Russia, new items will be available in about a week.