Ukrainian developers, together with the Delta military initiative, have found a technological way to destroy
What is known
For this, algorithms of artificialintellect. The developers trained AI to recognize camouflaged armored vehicles. While shooting from an unmanned aerial vehicle, artificial intelligence identifies hidden equipment and marks it with red squares. After that, the UAV sends the coordinates to the drone operator and the headquarters commander.
Drones are usually equipped with one orseveral ammo, so they can immediately attack the target. For example, we recently wrote that Ukrainian enthusiasts made a quadrocopter that can carry three 82 mm mines at once. There are also UAVs that can lift more bombs, i.e. capable of destroying two targets at once, incl. tanks.
The cost of an unmanned aerial vehicleis $15,000-20,000, and one bomb is $1,000. Even by the most rough estimate, six UAVs with a dozen bombs would cost less than $200,000. The price of one Javelin anti-tank missile system is $600,000, complete with six missiles. Naturally, the comparison can hardly be called correct, but still.
The developers note that drones with AI are notuse GPS during the flight, in connection with which Russian countermeasures do not always work. Now experts are developing drones that can lift a load weighing 20 kg and fly at a distance of 50 km.
For those who want to know more:
- A beautiful video has been published of how the M777, HIMARS and Javelin destroy Russian tanks, ammunition depots and military bases
- In July, Canada will send LAV II ACSV armored vehicles with 7.62-mm machine guns to Ukraine
- US senators call for long-range missiles for HIMARS to be sent to Ukraine
- The Ukrainian “Army of Drones” sent the first drones DJI Mavic and DJI Phantom to the front
- The Ukrainian military themselves created a kamikaze drone, without waiting for the delivery of the MQ-1C Gray Eagle