I welcome you, undoubted, lovers of tablet computers (iPad) and smartphones (iPhone) based on the operating room
With the very rapid development of mobile technology andtechnology of mobile gadgets, it becomes possible that some time ago it seemed simple, impossible. For example, you can download a whole library of several thousand! To your iPad or iPhone (iOS) and read them in your free time. In order for you to open and read books on your iPhone or iPad, you need a reader program.
- EBook formats
- Ay Reader
As I already said - in this article you will find a selection of programs for reading, all tools were selected according to the following criteria:
- Usability. It seems to me that the first thing you need to payattention, your close attention, when choosing a good program for reading books - ease of use. Agree, it is not very pleasant to work or use a program that is difficult for a beginner to understand;
- Appearance. There is an opinion that the appearance of the program issecondary, i.e. it doesn’t matter what the application looks like if it is sufficiently functional. I believe that the program in addition to extensive features should have a pleasant appearance, design;
- Book sorting option. One of the most necessary and useful features of the reader program is the ability to create lists of books, group them alphabetically, by author, etc.
- Availability of online libraries. The ability to download your favorite books directly from the application is a very useful, convenient and necessary function;
- Omnivore. If the program “can” open a large number of e-book formats, such as: ePub, Fb2, TXT, PDF, DJVU, then this is a good reader for your iOS gadget, whether it be an iPad or iPhone.
Below I will list and give a brief description of the most popular formats:
- ePub - A very popular e-book format. ePub is used as a “native” format in iOS (iPhone and iPad) devices;
- Fb2 - The format of electronic books presented in the form of XML documents. FB2 is compatible with almost all devices. The FB2 format is a very common format;
- PDF is a format for books and electronic documents developed by Adobe. PDF opens using special applications;
- Txt - A standard text format, familiar to many since the days of the first Windows;
- Djvu - a format that displays text in a video of compressed images, usually scanned books are “sewn up” into this format.
So, now let's move on to the tools themselves:
Reader developed by Apple for their own iOS devices. It is considered the most popular program for reading electronic books, many say that this reader is the best. Some features:
- Nice appearance of the application;
- The ability to create book “shelves”, sort books by specific parameters;
- Ability to download books from the iBooks Store;
- The application supports the following formats: PDF, ePub, TXT. The main emphasis is on formats: PDF and ePub.
The only, in my opinion, minus the application is the lack of support for the FB2 format.
Soundly made program reader. Of all the features of the program, I want to note the following:
- It can read quite a large number of different formats of electronic books, among them: HTML, PDF, ePub, MoBi, DOC, etc.
- Ability to download books using iTunes;
- The ability to perform various operations with a beat: resizing, font, line spacing, etc.
Program for reading books in DjVu format. In fact, the DjVu read-only application is good, but still I want to note some features:
- Ability to bookmark DjVu documents;
- View DjVu books in two orientations: portrait and landscape;
- Convenient navigation through DjVu files.
A very popular reader among the Russian-speaking audience, which allows not only reading books in popular formats (PDF, ePub, FB2), but also buying the necessary books directly from the application. Also, from the features, I note the following:
- The program “can” open files in the popular FB2 format, this fact, of course, cannot but rejoice;
- Compatible with all iOS devices.
That's all for today, I hope you figured out which program is the best, picked up a good reader for yourself that works with the format of books you need, be it: PDF ePub, FB2, DjVu or PDF. Your comments on this article are welcome.