Missing the App Store tab in iTunes? Well, you're lucky because Apple has released iTunes 12.6.3 — an alternative version.
Apple has released iTunes 12.6.3 as an alternative version, since “Some business partners can still install applications only through iTunes.” Even if you are not a “business partner,” you can still download and install iTunes 12.6.3 and use the program to manage the applications on your iPhone or iPad by connecting them to a computer.
iTunes 12.6.3 is available for Mac and Windows users, and this version can be easily upgraded from iTunes 12.7. If you enjoyed managing applications from a computer, we recommend downloading an alternate version. Thus, you will not need to roll back from iTunes 12.7 or use the hidden method to add applications and ringtones to your devices.
Download iTunes 12.6.3 with support App Store
You can download iTunes 12.6.3 from the Apple website or via direct links:
- iTunes 12.6.3 for Mac and Windows Online Apple
- Direct download: iTunes 12.6.3 DMG for Mac
- Direct download: iTunes 12.6.3 for Windows 32-bit
- Direct download: iTunes 12.6.3 for Windows 64-bit
Direct download links for iTunes 12.6.5:
- PC (32-bit)
- PC (64-bit)
By selecting direct download, you will immediately start downloading the iTunes 12.6.3 file, which weighs about 280MB and installs like any other program for Mac or PC.
How to enter App Store through iTunes
Go to the App Store or Sounds in iTunes 12.6.3 in the same way as in previous versions. Here is what you need to do:
- Download and install iTunes 12.6.3 to your computer. This version can be installed over iTunes 12.7 or earlier.
- As usual, open iTunes.
- Open the menu in the upper left corner.
- Select "Applications" or "Sounds."
- On the "Applications" tab you will find the library with applications and the "App Store" section where you can download applications as before.
If you authorize your iPhone or iPad in iTunes 12.6 and select it by clicking on the icon, you will get access to applications and sounds on this device.
If you install iTunes 12.6.3, you will no longer receive notifications about new versions.
iTunes 12.6.3 supports all existing iPhone and iPad models, including iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, which means that owners of new models will not have to download iTunes 12.7.
If you are inconvenient to manage applications from your devices, we advise you to download iTunes 12.6.3 and do it from your computer, as you used to.