Facebook sued two Ukrainian programmers for allegedly using third-party
How did it work
Figures of the case Gleb Sluchevsky and Andrei Gorbachevthrough the social network advertised various tests, like "Who are you from modern vampires?" and "Do you have blue blood?". To complete the quiz, it was proposed to install a special browser plugin (Supertest, FQuiz), which later stole personal data and infected the computer with advertising viruses. Between 2017 and 2018, about 63 thousand users, mostly from Russia and Ukraine, became victims of the attackers. Facebook also contributed to theft, as it provided hackers with special access for application developers.
Defendants are out of reach nowEuropean and American authorities and are unlikely to be punished. And we remind that when downloading an unknown application, you should at least enable the antivirus, and even better - google its name, most likely, one of the users has already encountered the problem and told about it.
For those who want to know more:
- Electronic Arts announced the "Battle Pass" for Apex Legends, but changed its mind
- Advertising in smartphones Xiaomi will be less
- Developer Developer told why the game will be cooler than Max Payne and Quantum Break
- Gamers are boycotting Anthem for an update that made the game more fun
- AnTuTu: Samsung Galaxy S10 + topped the February list of the most productive Android smartphones