Following Apple, Google also summed up the year, naming the best games and applications that appeared on Google Play in 2019.
“Best Game of 2019” was Call of Duty: Mobile Moreover, the project took the award in the "User Choice" category, which can be considered an unconditional victory. Activision tried to transfer the console Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 to the mobile format, along with the classic PvP modes, “battle royale” and the zombie mode.
At the same time, the "Best Competitive Game"became Supercell's Brawl Stars, which pushed Call of Duty: Mobile to second place. The gameplay project is closer to Overwatch, because before the battle, players choose a character with a fixed weapon, a set of skills and even an ult. In addition, the game stands out with “cartoony” graphics, thanks to which it was able to attract a wider audience.
“The best indie game” Google considered Ailment fromBeardy Bird Games. According to the plot, the main character wakes up on a ship with amnesia and tries to find out what happened and why all the crew members are trying to kill him. Behind the nondescript visual style lies a dynamic gameplay with a funny main character, which allowed the game to receive an award.
List of categories and winners:
- Call of Duty: Mobile.
The best competitive games:
- Brawl Stars,
- Call of Duty: Mobile,
- Rumble Stars Football,
- Tennis Clash: 3D Sports.
Best Indie Games:
- Stardew Valley,
- Tiny Room Stories: Town Mystery.
The best casual games:
- Angry Birds Dream Blast,
- Diner dash adventures
- Golf Peaks,
- Mario Kart Tour,
- Vineyard Valley: Match & Blast Puzzle Design Game.
The best innovative games:
- Assassin’s Creed Rebellion,
- Auto Chess
- The Elder Scrolls: Blades,
- Announcement of the season "Dawn" in Destiny 2: Bungie will add two modes, exotic and a new artifact
- Blizzard repaired Diablo 4: new indicators of strength, more bonuses and the removal of "legendaries"
- Capcom overlooked: images of the Resident Evil 3 remake "lit up" in the PlayStation Store database