Instagram – is a great social network for sharing photos and videos, and now that Instagram has added
If you decide that you no longer want to use Instagram or you no longer need a specific account, you can always delete your page. There are two options:
- Temporary shutdown (with the ability to re-activate your page at any time).
- Permanently delete a page with the loss of all photos and messages.
How to disable Instagram account (temporary method)
You can temporarily disable your Instagram account so that no one can see your profile. In this case, you will be able to return by saving all your photos and private messages.
- Open your web browser and go to Instagram.com and log in to the account you want to deactivate
- Click on your profile and then select “Edit Profile”
- On the profile editing page, pay attention to the link “Temporarily block my account” in the bottom corner of the page and click on it
- Select the reason why you want to temporarily disable your Instagram account, confirm your actions by entering your password, and click on the “Temporarily block your account” button.
This option is suitable for those who want to take a break, and then restore their account, without losing their subscribers and saving all the materials.
At the moment, the Instagram app for iOS is notsupports the ability to delete directly, but you can open the link above in Safari, Chrome or another browser of your iPhone or iPad. The procedure is similar to the desktop version of the site.
How to delete Instagram account (forever)
You can also delete your account completelyinstagram. This will delete your profile and all associated photos and messages, but also your username. These actions cannot be undone and you will not be able to recover your account later.
If you are confident in your decision and reallyIf you want to permanently delete your Instagram account, we strongly recommend that you make a backup of all photos and videos in advance, otherwise they will be deleted forever without the possibility of recovery.
- Using a web browser, go to Instagram.com using the account you want to delete
- Next go tothispage to request permanent account deletion.
- Fill out the form and enter your password, and then click on the “Delete my account permanently” button.
This method is irrevocable and you do not haveIt will be possible to cancel the deletion of an Instagram account: all photos, messages, profile data will be erased, just like the account username – which means that anyone can take your login.
As with temporary deletion,The application cannot do this, so use the browser on your computer or smartphone. On your phone, just open your browser, log into your account, and then follow the link above. The procedure is no different from deleting an account via a computer.
How to recover a deleted account
If you have temporarily blocked your profile inInstagram, then restoring it will not be difficult at all. Just open Instagram (either the application or the website in the browser of your smartphone or computer) and enter your username and password. This will be enough to resume account activity; no additional confirmation (including email authentication) is required.
But if you permanently deleted your account, then,as stated earlier, there is no turning back. Everything you can do – start over. Register a new profile and come up with a new page name if someone has taken the name you used before (you won’t be able to get it back even through support).