Many people record videos on their iPhone or iPad in portrait mode, but initially this is not a good idea, since
To rotate the video we will useiMovie app on iOS, which comes free on new iPhones and iPads. If you have older devices, you can download iMovie from the App Store. This method works for any type of video, be it a 4K movie, time-lapse video, regular video, time-lapse video, custom video, or anything else.
How to rotate or flip video on iPhone and iPad using iMovie
You can rotate any video on your iOS device 90, 180, 270 degrees and it's very easy.
- Open iMovie on iPhone or iPad
- From the list, select the video you want to rotate, then click on the Share button, it looks like a square with an up arrow.
- Select “Create Movie”
- In iMovie with two fingers, perform a rotational movement in the direction you want to rotate the video, an arrow should appear.
- After you turn the video in the desired direction, click on the “Done” button. in the top left corner.
- Now click the “Sharing” button again. (up arrow button).
- Here, select “Save Video” (also you can share it on Facebook, YouTube, iCloud, etc.)
- Select video resolution: 360p, 540p, 720p or 1080p
- When finished, iMovie will notify you that the video has been saved to your library, so you can open the Photos app and check that the video has been successfully flipped.
That's it, your video is flipped and saved as a separate file on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
And yes, your videos are stored in the Photo application, not in the Video application. Many because of this are confused and are looking for videos there.