Many people record video on the iPhone or iPad in vertical mode, initially this is not a good idea, since
To rotate the video, we will useThe iMovie application in iOS, which comes free on new iPhones and iPads. If you have old devices, then you can download iMovie from the App Store. This method works for any type of video, be it a 4K movie, slow motion video, regular video, interval video, own video or some other.
How to rotate or flip video on iPhone and iPad using iMovie
You can rotate any video on the iOS device at 90, 180, 270 degrees and it is very simple.
- Open iMovie on iPhone or iPad
- From the list, select the video you want to rotate, then click on the “Share” (Share) button, it looks like a square with an up arrow.
- Select “Create Movie”
- In iMovie with two fingers, perform a rotational movement in the direction you want to rotate the video, an arrow should appear.
- After turning the video in the desired direction, click on the “Finish” button in the upper left corner.
- Now press the “Sharing” button again (the up arrow button).
- Here select “Save Video” (also you can share it on Facebook, YouTube, iCloud, etc.)
- Select video resolution: 360p, 540p, 720p or 1080p
- At the end, iMovie will notify you that the video has been saved in your library, so you can open the Photo app and make sure that the video is upside down.
That's all, your video is upside down and saved as a separate file on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
And yes, your videos are stored in the Photo application, not in the Video application. Many because of this are confused and are looking for videos there.