Apple has finally released the final version of iOS 10, which includes interesting features and improvements. IN
If you have upgraded your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touchbefore iOS 10 and faced with any problems, you can still roll back to iOS 9.3.5, since Apple is still signing the iOS 9.3.5 firmware file, which means that you can roll back from iOS 10 to iOS 9.3. 5.
- You can only roll back to iOS 9.3.5.
- You can only downgrade until Apple signs the iOS 9.3.5 firmware file.
- It is important that you back up your device using iCloud or iTunes so that you can recover from a backup if something goes wrong.
- Apple does not recommend lowering the firmware therefore, you do all this at your own peril and risk.
Check iOS Signing Status
To find out if the firmware file is still being signed, check this site. Green checkmarks mean that Apple is still signing the firmware file, and you can roll back from iOS 10 to iOS 9.3.5.
How to roll back from iOS 10 to iOS 9.3.5
If Apple still signs iOS 9.3.5, then follow this instruction to downgrade to iOS 9.3.5 from iOS 10:
- Download the iOS 9.3.5 firmware file for your device. The model number can be found on the back of the device. Download the file corresponding to the model number of your device:
Download iOS 9.3.5 for iPhone
iOS 9.3.5 (iPhone 5 GSM): iPhone5,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPhone 5 GSM + CDMA): iPhone5,2_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPhone 5s GSM): iPhone6,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPhone 5s GSM + CDMA): iPhone6,2_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPhone 5c GSM): iPhone5,3_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPhone 5c GSM + CDMA): iPhone5,4_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPhone 6 Plus): iPhone7,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPhone 6): iPhone7,2_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPhone 6s): iPhone8,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPhone 6s Plus): iPhone8,2_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPhone SE): iPhone8,4_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
Download iOS 9.3.5 for iPad
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad 2 Wi-Fi): iPad2,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad 2 GSM): iPad2,2_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad 2 CDMA): iPad2,3_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad 2 New): iPad2,4_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad 3 Wi-Fi): iPad3,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad 3 CDMA): iPad3,2_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad 3 GSM): iPad3,3_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Mini Wi-Fi): iPad2,5_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Mini GSM): iPad2,6_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Mini CDMA): iPad2,7_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad 4 Wi-Fi): iPad3,4_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad 4 GSM): iPad3,5_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad 4 GSM_CDMA): iPad3,6_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Air Wi-Fi): iPad4,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Air Cellular): iPad4,2_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Mini 2 Wi-Fi): iPad4,4_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Mini 2 Cellular): iPad4,5_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Air China): iPad4,3_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Mini 2 China): iPad4,6_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Mini 3 Wi-Fi): iPad4,7_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Mini 3 Cellular): iPad4,8_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Mini 3 China): iPad4,9_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi): iPad5,3_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Air 2 Cellular): iPad5,4_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Mini 4 Wi-Fi): iPad5,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Mini 4 Cellular): iPad5,2_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Pro Wi-Fi): iPad6,7_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Pro Cellular): iPad6,8_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Pro 9.7 Wi-Fi): iPad6,3_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
iOS 9.3.5 (iPad Pro 9.7 Cellular): iPad6,4_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
Download iOS 9.3.5 for iPod Touch
iOS 9.3.5 (iPod touch 6G): iPod7,1_9.3.5_13G36_Restore.ipsw
- Connect your iOS 10 device to your computer.
- Launch iTunes and select your device in the upper left corner to the right of the three-dot button.
- Hold down the Option Alt key on a Mac or the Shift key on Windows, press Refresh.
Important Note: Using this step, we successfully downgraded the firmware.iOS 10 to iOS 9.3.5, but if you want everything to go according to the instructions, you can also put your phone in DFU mode and use the recovery method (button Restore iPhone), however it will take longer. If you use the method Restore iPhone, then all data will be erased from your device therefore, do not forget to make a backup copy.
- Select the IPSW file you downloaded earlier.
- Itunes will announce that the device will be updated with iOS 9.3.5 firmware.
- Click Refresh.
- iTunes should downgrade your iOS device with iOS 9.3.5 firmware.
- After downgrading, the device will reboot. You will see “Slide”, enter the code, and then wait until the downgrade process is completed. You may be prompted to activate the device.
That's all. The device has been successfully downgraded to iOS 9.3.5.
Please note that Apple may stop signing the iOS 9.3.5 firmware file at any time. And you cannot roll back to iOS 9.3.5.
If you get the error “Deviceis not supported for the requested assembly, "this means that Apple has stopped signing the iOS 9.3.5 firmware file or you downloaded the firmware file not for your device.