Apple has a great feature that allows you to copy something on one device and paste it on
What is the function convenient? Universal clipboard can be used for multiple purposes. You may be looking for information for a document on a Mac through your iPhone, because this is more convenient. Or maybe you took a screenshot on a Mac and want to edit it on an iPad. There are many options.
Universal clipboard is very convenient, and below we will teach you how to use it.
It is worth noting that the Universal Clipboard is not supported by all Apple devices.
You need an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 10 and newer or Mac with macOS Sierra and newer. Below you can see the table with the supported models.
Universal clipboard setting
You also need to make sure that all devices have the necessary functions enabled for the universal clipboard to work.
On each device:
- Wi-Fi must be enabled.
- Bluetooth must be turned on.
- Handoff must be enabled.
- The same Apple ID must be used.
On iphone and iPad
one) Open application Settings.
2) Select Wi-Fi and make sure the switch is green.
3) Go back and now select Bluetooth and make sure it is turned on.
four) Go back, select Main > Handoff and make sure the feature is enabled.
one) On the menu bar, select Apple > System settings.
2) Select Network and make sure that Wi-Fi turned on and you are connected to the network.
3) Return to System Preferences and select Bluetooth. Make sure Bluetooth is on.
four) Return to System Preferences and select Main. Make sure you have a tick next to Allow Handoff between this mac and your devices iCloud.
Using the universal clipboard
Below we describe several different examples of using this function.
Copying of images
Let's say a screenshot from Mac we need to send to the iPhone.
one) Copy image. Open the image in standardView”And select Edit > Copy.
2) Open some application on the iPhone, for example, Notes.
3) Open the note, hold the screen and select Insert.
Here we will copy the link from Chrome to the iPhone in Safari to the iPad.
one) Copy link from browser Chrome.
2) Open Safari on Mac.
3) Paste into your browser address bar.
The text from the site on the iPhone, we insert in the email to Notes on mac.
one) Select the text, hold it and select Copy.
2) Open up Mail on Mac and create a new letter.
3) Click in the window with the right mouse button and select Insert.
These are just a few examples of how you can use the universal clipboard. Now you can copy something on one device and paste it on another.
However, it is worth remembering that the copied content is stored in the clipboard is not forever. This is either a gap until you insert it somewhere, or a short period of time.