In the Chernobyl zone, because of the strong wind, a fire resumed

According to Emelianenko, the fire broke out near the village of Korogod. Officials noted that worsening weather

conditions may complicate the fire situation. According to the country's Ministry of Internal Affairs, the open fire was quickly extinguished, and they are now working on the smoldering remains of the wood.

“Fire resumed in the Chernobyl zone. A sandstorm swells the centers of decay to open fire in many places. I really hope that this time there will be an instant state reaction, without delay, ”Emelianenko wrote on Facebook.

Emelianenko also added that the fire has already destroyed 30% of the zone’s tourist sites. He said it was a “major blow to tourism, heritage and history.”

“It’s hard to say how big the loss is forthe historical value of this place, both in terms of the Chernobyl disaster, and in general for this part of Polesie. Events 34 years ago stopped time in these places and thus made the villages a real museum of the past. Worse, some of these places were almost untouched, ”said Vadim Zuev, one of the members of the illegal Chernobyl public. He noted that the fire had already destroyed 21 settlements. 4 more villages are partially affected.

Previously, on the territory of the Chernobyl exclusion zonerecorded a jump in radiation - 16 times the norm. The main reason for what happened is said to be forest fires, which have been going on since April 4. The total area of ​​the exclusion zone of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant and the resettlement zone is almost 2.6 thousand square meters. km. This is not the first time that forest fires have occurred in this area.