Electronic Arts has announced that it is going to release Battlefield for mobile devices in 2022.
DICE General Manager Oscar Gabrielsonpromised a "brand new Battlefield game," which the company is collaborating with mobile game developer Industrial Toys. EA bought Industrial Toys in 2018, when they released the mobile shooter Midnight Star. Gabrielson said that the developers have spent years adapting Battlefield for new platforms and stressed that the game will be different from what they are going to release this year:
“Make no mistake, this is a separate game.It is completely different from what we do for consoles and PCs and is designed specifically for the mobile platform. The game will be released next year, it is currently undergoing testing, so stay tuned for more news. "
It looks like EA has decided to keep up with other companies that have already made smartphone games. These games include Fortnite, Diablo, League of Legends, Call of Duty, and PUBG.
For players who want to know more:
- Media: Electronic Arts employee decides to cash in on fans by selling rare FIFA21 FUT cards for 1,000 euros
- Electronic Arts Believes So Much In Battlefield 6 That It Involves The Creators Of Battlefront
- Insider: new Battlefield looks like Black Ops 2 with future weapons and co-op
- Insider: Battlefield 6 will still be released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, but will lose the main feature
- New Maps, Weapons and Operators: Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Launched Season 3