Quite unexpectedly for all of us, Apple yesterday released a new firmware update, which has not even
iOS 13.1 Beta 1
It looks like iOS 13.1 should be released shortly after the public launch of iOS 13. Perhaps this is why the company is testing this build now. Several new features have been added to the firmware, plus some old ones that were removed from the iOS 13 update during the beta testing period are returned.
List of changes
- Shortcut automation. The feature removed in iOS 13 is back in iOS 13.1. With it, you can create personal and automation tools from the Shortcuts application to perform certain actions when certain conditions arise.
- Sharing ETA. ETA sharing has returned to the Maps application, which allows users to share their estimated time of arrival with friends or family after entering data at a specific location.
- Dynamic wallpaper. Apple made some changes to the available dynamic wallpapers, changing the general appearance and color of some of them. Dynamic wallpapers, previously limited to the iPhone X, are now also available on older devices.
- AirPods volume indicator. When you adjust the volume of your iPhone with AirPods connected, you will see the AirPods icon in the volume bar. It also works for Powerbeats Pro, HomePod and other Beats headphones.
- New HomeKit Badges. On HomeKit devices in the Home application, more detailed icons have been updated in iOS 13 beta 1. These icons have been added to the latest beta version of macOS Catalina.
- Mouse support improvements. According to developer Steve Troton-Smith, you can now attach the right-click function to the 3D Touch action / long press on the iOS device.
- Indicator TestFlight. Applications that you installed using the Apple TestFlight application (the so-called beta applications) are now indicated by a bright yellow dot next to them, which is easier to see than before.
- HEVC enhancements. According to Jeremy Horvitz, HEVC video encoding with alpha channels was added in iOS 13.1.
- Fonts IOS 13 has a feature for downloading and installing fonts from the App Store. In iOS 13 beta 1, when General> Fonts opens, new text appears that directs users to the App Store. There are no font applications yet, but probably in the future this option will refer to specific font applications.
- Reading objectives. A new switch has appeared in the “Settings” application in the “Books” section, which allows you to include the time spent reading PDF files in the function of reading goals in iOS 13.
- Nike. In the Apple Watch app on the iPhone, the Nike + Run Club is now simply “Nike Run Club”, which means that Nike and Apple have abandoned the “+” branding.
- Apple Watch app - In the Apple Watch app on iPhone, “Display and Text Size” has been renamed “Display and Brightness.”
- Apple Maps Collections - When you delete a collection from Apple Maps, Apple will now confirm that you want to delete it before deleting it.
That's all for now, if we missed something, write in the comments.