Sony and Microsoft have already shared some of the features of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. At the same time, companies were silent
What is known
According to the journalist, someone in the verification departmentAMD ASIC used GitHub to store test fragments. As a result, information about the following Ryzen processors for PCs and mobile solutions, as well as the PS5 chip, code-named Oberon, hit the Web.
Features PlayStation 5:
- CPU: 8-core Zen 2
- Graphic chip: Navi with a frequency of 2000 MHz for 36 computing units, which gives a power of 9.2 teraflops
- RAM: GDDR6 with a bandwidth of 448 GB
The journalist notes that the characteristicsIt belongs to the PlayStation 5, not Series X. The fact is that the processor can operate in three modes to provide backward compatibility with the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro. So, in Gen2 mode, the processor runs at 2.0 GHz, while when you turn on Gen 1, the frequency drops to 911 MHz to match the PS4 Pro. When Gen 0 is activated, the power is cut to 800 MHz to match the base PS4.
Xbox Series X Features:
- CPU: 8-core Zen 2
- Graphic chip: Navi with a frequency of 1,700 MHz for 56 computing units, which gives a power of 12 teraflops
- RAM: GDDR6 with a bandwidth of 560 GB
The journalist noted that the document does not contain information about Lockhart, the budget model of the new Xbox. In addition, the data on the Xbox Series X processor, codenamed Arden, is incomplete.
The author of the material also notes that the PlayStation 5balancing on the brink of affordable price and power, while the Xbox Series X pursues performance without regard to cost. According to analysts, in the ninth generation, Sony will not change traditions and will release the PS5 with a price tag of $ 400. At the same time, Microsoft can justify the power of the Xbox Series X for $ 700.</ p>
- Sony has patented a new gamepad for the PlayStation 5. It has four buttons more
- NVIDIA has already defeated Sony: it seems that the GeForce RTX 2080 will be more powerful than the PlayStation 5
- The Witcher is Strength: CD Projekt has risen 21,000% thanks to The Witcher games