It seems that NASA has found an unusual way to use the only star in the solar system.
What is known
Jet Propulsion Laboratory specialistslaunched a new project that proposes using the Sun as a giant lens in order to look into the distant corners of space. The goal is to search for alien life.
National Aeronautics Administration andSpace exploration has already allocated $ 2 million for the project. Scientists want to use several relatively compact satellites that will autonomously gather at the point of the solar gravitational lens.
The exoplanet chosen as the target will beemit light, and the Sun can amplify it, giving satellites the ability to see further than the new James Webb Space Telescope. Note that the distance to the point will be 1000 times greater than the distance between the Earth and the Sun.
For those who want to know more:
- APU will receive Ukrainian drones ACS-3, SKIF and UJ-22 Airborne
- A spectacular video of the launch of 24 missiles from four HIMARS multiple rocket launchers for $3,600,000 has been published
- Russian soldiers were so actively hiding from HIMARS that they accidentally blew up their own train with ammunition and equipment
- Armed Forces of Ukraine destroyed a rare UR-77 "Meteorite" mine-clearing rocket launcher, known as the "Serpent Gorynych"
- Ukrainian intelligence will receive 78 DJI Matrice 300 RTK drones worth ₴56 160,000 – 30 drones already in Ukraine