Apple recently warned owners of smartphones and tablets released before 2012,
Why and to whom to update
This applies to the iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad mini of the first generation, as well as the iPad of the second, third and fourth generations. iOS needed to be updated to version 10.3.4 or 9.3.6 depending on the model.
This is due to the problem of GPS time transfer,which began to affect third-party GPS-enabled products on April 6th. Without an update, the gadget will not be able to correctly display the geolocation, and because of this, the Internet connection will be lost, e-mail, AppStore and iCloud applications will stop working.
What to do
If you did not have time to upgrade - you have toto work hard. Installing an update over the wireless Internet is impossible, therefore, to install iOS 10.3.4, you need to back up the data and then restore it using a Mac or a Windows computer.
- Connect the iPhone 5 to the computer via wire and open iTunes;
- Save the backup by clicking the "Create backup now" button;
- Turn off the iPhone, hold the power button;
- Hold down the power and home buttons and hold them for 5 seconds;
- Release the power button and hold the Home button for about 10 more seconds until a notification about the successful activation of the DFU mode appears;
- In the iTunes interface, select "Restore iPhone ..." and confirm the procedure;
- Restore the backup you saved earlier.
If the smartphone or tablet didn’t succeed in bringing you to life, you will have to turn to a service center for help.
Install iOS 9.3.6. possible via wireless internet connection.