We are talking about the type of satellite "Resurs-PM", which will replace the "Resurs-P".
A new generation of satellites
- take pictures in the visible and infrared ranges,
- create updates to topographic maps,
- control pollution of the natural environment,
- monitor natural emergencies,
- carry out environmental monitoring
- look for oil, gas and other mineral deposits.
The Resurs-PM model is planned to be shown at the stand of the Progress Rocket and Space Center.
In October 2016, Roskosmos andThe Progress Rocket and Space Center signed a contract to launch the first Resurs-PM in 2020, and the second in 2021. The launches were postponed several times, now they are planned for 2023 and 2024.
The exhibition will be held at the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2021 from 20 to 25 July.
Research: the impact of a comet could change the course of development of civilization on Earth
The largest comet in history is seen in the solar system: it is almost a planet
Scotland to open a plant to remove carbon from the air