Only one Russian university was able to get into the top 20 of the world - this is St. Petersburg Mining University, which
Four universities have once again entered the top 100 in physics and astronomy:
- Moscow State University (26th place);
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) (51th out of 100);
- National Research Nuclear University "MEPhI" (51th out of 100);
- Novosibirsk State University (NSU) (51th out of 100).
MSU remained the leader in the number of entries in the top 50 subject lists:
- linguistics (23rd place) - for the first time in four years, the university has not entered the top 20 in this area;
- physics and astronomy (26th place);
- modern languages (33rd place);
- mathematics (34th place);
- computer science (48th place).
In 2019, the QS rating also entered for the first time.several new universities participating in the 5–100 project. In 2012, President Vladimir Putin launched this project with the goal of bringing five universities to the top 100 global ratings until 2020. To date, two educational institutions have managed to do this - the National Research Nizhny Novgorod State University and the Russian University of Peoples' Friendship.
QS rating - one of the leading internationaluniversity rankings. It was first published in 2004 under the united brand THE-QS. An important element of the rating is expert opinion. The expert base includes more than 100 thousand experts worldwide - both representatives of the academic community and employers.