Sergey Emelyanov graduated from the Kuban State Technological University with a degree in
Transneftenergo was established in 2009 forensuring efficient power supply to Transneft. In particular, Transneftnergo LLC coordinates the activities of sales organizations in Transneft’s subsidiaries in 62 constituent entities of the Russian Federation.
The problems are always the same - people and data
- The oil industry is very conservative, it is difficult to implement new technological solutions. What were the problems?
- Problems? The problems are all the same. People. Data. The maturity of understanding. At each level of our growing up and evolution had its own problems and challenges. The most difficult task was to get up and start doing this work. There is always a desire to stop and say that we have, in principle, achieved everything: a good company, we fulfill all the KPIs that are needed.
But eight years ago we had the feeling thatneed to do more than just Excel or 1C. It is necessary to link these systems, make a single data entry and compare them with each other. From this understanding, we began to give birth to different cases. Now we have a single system that links the accounting of electricity, the calculation of the cost of electricity and energy efficiency.
Any business consumes energy to produceproduct. We can very well put it into components: for what product it was spent and in what quantity, the value of specific consumption, how this consumption should be in comparable conditions, what historically better consumption was, how much by analogy the same conveyor or pipeline section consumes.
Learn how to count
- In your opinion, will the production and consumption of energy in Russia be changed in connection with the Paris Agreement?
- I believe that the fact of the signing of the ParisThe agreement is rather unknown to large industrial consumers in Russia. Because there is no motivational connection between this agreement and specific production. If we talk about Europe, then there are green certificates that oblige to buy stations running on oil and gas. And they can either implement these certificates themselves, by building a green generation, or buy them. They have a clear motivational component. But for the Russian major consumer there is no such motivational component. There is just a fact: signed - well, signed.
- That is, in Russia there is no motivation to switch to renewable energy sources and reduce emissions?
“Even if some decision is made now, it’smust be prepared, must lie on a certain ground. What have we done in our organization? First of all, they learned how to count how much they consumed. And count without human intervention. Relatively speaking, there is an accounting fact, and there is a price, volume and value in it. From this we can get volume. It is very important.
If you enter green certificates now,will have to administer this whole process. Not a single major consumer is ready to take responsibility on the click of his fingers. Or it will be generally drawn numbers. It will be necessary to create some body that will begin to check whether this large consumer has correctly reported on its decline. I can say any consumption, say that I had these figures. And then reduce them. Get on this green certificate. Therefore, we need a story that will teach, above all, how much electricity there is. Now these data are in aggregated form, but they are not divided by consumers, because there are always nuances. In these nuances lies all our know-how.
Relatively speaking, if you consume energy byperimeter, you can have sub-subscribers, transit consumers and much more. You need to understand: what really should go down? For this you need a whole administration system. The product that we offer to the market allows us to do this with minimal effort. Since we have gone all the way.
Consumers are the same - the bakery and the pipeline
- You made a boxed product that you can sell to different businesses? How much does technology vary by industry?
- This is not a boxed product, but a SaaS model - software as a service (software
provision as a service - "High Tech"). In principle, large consumers are the same. What a bakery, what a pipeline, what a production of something. Everywhere there is the entrance of energy, and not only electricity. There is gas, water, diesel fuel. Depending on the type of production, there are different types of energy consumed. And the second task. There is a product. If you use this methodology to assess the impact of energy consumption on a product, then the formula is standard. Of course, in some cases, it requires additional adjustment to the specific needs of the consumer, depending on the analytics that he needs. In any case, data preparation and calculation methodology is required. It must be agreed with customers.
- How much can you save your decisions?
- For eight years, we have saved 2.5 billion kW / hour for Transneft, about 7 billion rubles in money.
- In your decisions, all calculations are done using sensors?
- Yes, some installation is required, butmost metering devices are already installed. The perimeter for a large consumer is almost closed. Otherwise, he would not be able to calculate and pay for electricity now. The question is in the detail of domestic consumption. How equipped the fleet of metering devices is, of course, you need to analyze and prepare this data.
Our system allows us to say exactly where and whatshould stand as far as these meters are enough. When you calculate the effect, you will understand that you need to retrofit, what are the zones of uncertainty. The system itself, of course, will not go to the enterprise and will not put metering devices, and we have no such task. The task is to give analytics on the basis of ready data and show the client that he, conditionally speaking, has total consumption, the perimeter is closed, but the structuring of domestic consumption is not completely closed.
Again, you can move from large volumes tosmaller volumes. Each consumer must have some energy-consuming installations, and there are non-energy-intensive ones. For example, lighting. Each light bulb does not need to be tied with a measurement sensor. General economic needs are always allocated as a separate, independent amount of consumption. And in the shop, which is heated and lit, there is some installation - maybe a furnace, a conveyor or an engine. And it is precisely this installation that requires taking into account. All other costs in the first stages can be neglected.
A very important nuance: all consumption is not in the perimeter of energy. It is considered that the power is to blame. A power engineer - as an accountant in production, he simply takes into account how much resources are consumed. But the main energy efficiency makes technologist. He knows how to consume less resources without losing the product. Our system just brings this information to the technologist. Allows energy to clearly explain where the growth zones.
- Transneftenergo is a subsidiary of Transneft, but at the same time you are doing projects for different clients?
- Yes, now we are starting to produce products,targeted at a wide range of customers - industrial consumers who are not part of the Transneft group of companies. We have gained good experience, developed systems, products and are now ready to offer them to the market.
- Do you plan to work with large productions, because it is economically advantageous to use such platforms only on them?
- Not only. We went from large productions, because they have more demand and more understanding that they should do it. Understanding emerged when large production began to pay higher bills for electricity. Now many manufacturers are looking for optimization opportunities, and we are giving this opportunity to the market. But, in principle, this economy is possible in any industry, regardless of its scale.