What do we mean by a good smartphone? Most believe that it should be big, beautiful,
Initially, all smartphones had plasticcorps, while this fact did not bother anyone. Now the entire budget segment is also completely plastic, of course, with metal inserts for beauty and solidity. Some manufacturers use high-quality plastic, and have learned to process it in such a way that it is indistinguishable from expensive glass. Real metal spraying is often used, so the plastic case is far from always cheap
Small price tag. The plastic case reduces the cost of the smartphone. And yet, the owners hide all glass and metal smartphones immediately after purchase in plastic cases. So why pay more if there is no difference?
- Plastic does not delay radio signals;
- Light weight;
- A wider selection of colors, as well as textures. Plastic can be made absolutely anything, even like silk to the touch. With glass and metal this will not work;
- Plastic is much stronger than glass, while metal has excess strength for a small gadget.
- Weakly dissipates the heat of the components heating inside;
- Soft material, scratches and scuffs quickly appear;
- Low-quality plastic looks really cheap, untidy.
When did the first smartphones appear, whose caseswere made of metal, they were considered something elite and inaccessible. However, this makes no sense at all, because metal is now not so expensive, they make the cheapest spoons from aluminum. Namely, aluminum is now the most popular metal for smartphones, since it is lighter than steel, there are titanium, magnesium, but this is already very rare
- Appearance is considered more expensive and stylish;
- Tactile sensations of a solid device;
- Excellent heat conductivity, works as a radiator for heat dissipation;
- Durability - the metal is scratched less and keeps scuffs longer.
- It interferes with the passage of radio waves, so that in any metal case there are plastic inserts;
- Aluminum is too soft, scratched, deformed, so a cover is recommended, of course, plastic;
- Thermal conductivity again. He removes heat from the components, but lives on the user's hands at the same time.
In general, premium, like, material turned out to befar from ideal, in addition, contactless charging is definitely contraindicated for him. And if you dig deeper, aluminum, it's just as cheap as plastic, just the hype around it raised. Now it is increasingly appearing in the budget segment.
A couple of years ago the glass case was ridingpremiums, but technologies do not stand still, smart companies quickly set up production, and now glass has already reached smartphones for less than two hundred dollars. Strong toughened glass is usually used; there are also options with sapphire (artificial). The latter is more resistant to scratches.
- Nice appearance, there is a depth at the body and coloring;
- Pleasant to the touch;
- Does not delay radio waves, supports contactless charging
- High fragility, it is very easy to break, especially since the material is rather slippery;
- Quickly covered with scratches, even if they say that the class is almost the sixth;
- It perfectly collects prints, after which it looks untidy.
- As a result, we get beautiful material with a minimum of practicality, reliability and amenities.
What to choose
Here the choice is only based on personal preferences. However - you can’t do it in most cases, because you are offered a ready-made smartphone. If your favorite brand puts its flagships in glass or ceramics, then you will not be asked to make a smartphone for you with a case made of high-quality plastic.</ p>