Snap Inc reported on the quarterly success of its messenger. Snapchat is almost back to where it was last year.
Back in the saddle
According to the developers' estimates, in the first financialIn the quarter of 2019, the messenger's audience amounted to 190 million active users, which is 4 million more than in the previous quarter. The growth is driven by the April update of Snapchat on Android. The application was completely rewritten taking into account the characteristics of different smartphones. Users noted that the messenger began to work much faster, especially on budget models.
As for the company itself, thisIn the quarter, its revenues amounted to $320 million, up 39% from a year earlier. However, they are offset by operating losses of $316 million, which were 24% less in 2018. If the positive trend continues, Snap Inc will start turning a profit relatively soon.
For those who want to know more:
- Why Turkcell is cool in Turkey and lifecell in Ukraine is not
- Xiaomi for musicians: the company introduced a smart ukulele
- Nikon launches Coolpix W150 camera with protection against water and drops
- Lenovo Z6 Pro: four cameras, Snapdragon 855 processor, 12 GB of RAM and 512 GB of ROM
- Smartphones of the future: how gadgets see the creators of fantastic TV series