Game designers from the Alkimia Interactive studio gave an extensive interview to the German portal DerStandard, in which they shared
What is known
Let's start with the main thing, the developers reportedEstimated release date for the updated game: 2024. They are not ready to reveal the exact date, but they plan to release the game as quickly as possible without losing quality.
In addition, some other nuances of the remake became known:
- the open world in the updated game will be 15-20% larger;
- developers will add new quests and activities;
- each of the three factions will have unique tasks that were not in the original game;
- many elements from the 2019 demo will be redone to take into account player criticism;
- the introductory quest chain will also be completely overhauled;
- the remake of Gothic will include both songs from the original game and new melodies;
- the game menu will take on a modern look.
Gothic Remake will be available on PC, PS5 and Xbox Series.