CD Projekt has announced that The Witcher: Monster Slayer with augmented reality will be released on Android this summer.
What is known
The game is somewhat similar to Pockemon Go, which wasvery popular a few years ago. It seems that the developers of The Witcher decided to repeat the success of Niantic and released their AR project. Players will have to hunt down, study and kill different creatures that they will find while walking around the city. After a successful hunt, you can leave the heads of monsters as trophies, as Geralt did in all games.
The application has story quests from the mainseries, although the events take place long before the stories from the trilogy. In order to defeat higher level monsters, players will have to develop their character, as well as stock up on potions and oils that you can make yourself or buy from a merchant.
This summer, your hunt begins in The Witcher: Monster Slayer!
We’re opening up registration for an early-access soft launch phase of the game on the Google Play Store.
Right now, Android users can register for the early access opportunity here: https://t.co/03mkIQu5TE pic.twitter.com/i1hCgLB3J1
- The Witcher: Monster Slayer (@TheWitcherMS) April 22, 2021
Android smartphone owners can apply right now, and tomorrow CD Projekt Red will provide a limited number of players with access to the early version on Google Play.
Source: The Gamer
For players who want to know more:
- Dying Light 2 Developer Answers Players' Questions About Weapons, Decisions And Map Sizes
- CD Projekt no longer wants to do multiplayer for Cyberpunk 2077
- CD Projekt releases big 1.2 patch for Cyberpunk 2077 on PC, PlayStation and Xbox, but zero sense
- Respawn Entertainment won an Oscar for Colette and became the first-ever game company to win an award
- Titanfall 2 Player Growth 750% After Big Discount and Apex Legends Drop