This is how you live your life, you go to Instagram every day... And then - bam, and when you enter your favorite social network,
Sound familiar?You enter the password again and again, but all in vain! Face it: your Instagram has been hacked. The reasons may be different, ranging from the simple pampering of someone unkind, to a deliberate attempt to remove you as a competitor in the market of services and goods. But don't panic prematurely. Remember the algorithm of actions if Instagram is hacked:
Step number 1. Check if the email address is changed.
- To do this, click "Forgot your password?" Under the "Login" button.
- Enter your account name and click “Next” in the pop-up window.
- When the system offers recovery options, select “Send Email”.
- In the pop-up message you can see an approximateThe email address where the email was sent. If it is different from your email, it means that Instagram has been hacked and has already managed to change the binding to the mail.
Step # 2. We contact technical support.
- In the authorization form, select the item “Support” below and the offer “help with entering the system”. There we enter our username and click "next".
- Enter the email address that wastied to our account, and put a tick in front of "my account hacked." You can optionally write a comment in the field below. Click "send" - and our request flew to the technical support of Instagram.
Step number 3. Answer all technical support requests clearly and clearly.
Requests are usually as follows:
- Photo of the user's passport with information about the date of birth and place of residence;
- originals of photos that you published to Instagram before processing;
- exact date of profile creation and date of the first post;
- Selfie with a passport so that you can clearly see that the photo in the passport is really your face;
- if with the same nickname as in Instagram, you are registered on some other network, take a screenshot and drop it into tech support;
- screenshot of your account before it was hacked.
If the email is still yours, it is enoughuse the “forgot password” option. A new password will be sent by email. Next, it is important to change this password in the Instagram settings to a more complex one. And you can continue to use your account.
It is worth reminding that support service may take a long timedo not respond to requests. This happens due to the fact that there are many more users than the 60 people who, in fact, make up this support service. Therefore, for the future, understand simple rules on how to protect your Instagram from hacking, so that later you do not have to use network technical support services.
How to protect Instagram from hacking?
- Use a strong password. Ideally, it should contain uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as numbers. Try not to put one password on different social networks.
- Link Instagram to Facebook.
- Do not use the services that offer Instagram promotion.
- Periodically change your password on Instagram;
- Use the two-factor optionauthentication. Even if your Instagram account is hacked, you will receive an SMS on your phone, without which it is impossible to log into the system. To set up such authentication, you need to go to Instagram settings, find the “two-factor authentication” option and activate the security code. Write down your phone number and enter the confirmation code that was sent to it.
If your Instagram page is hacked, don’t grievecosts. As you already know, it can be restored by following simple steps. But it’s better not to give hackers free rein and follow all social network security rules.